Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cycles

I'm cycling. And not as in biking. It's my eating - I can't seem to get committed to eating better and really trying to lose weight. I am working out and that part is great. I am actually very proud of myself for sticking to this running thing for more than one day, and for believing that one day it will be easier. But when it comes to my eating, I am something of a disappointment. I can get committed for about a week or two, and then I lose the drive to really watch what I eat and I play that mind game with myself that I like to call "I like who I am and what I look like, so I will just eat what I want." HA. I am gangbusters at maintaining my current weight - the problem is that I don't want to maintain, I want to start losing again. I just don't know where to find the motivation for that. There are so many reasons that I can cite for why I grabbed a handful of animal crackers a couple of hours ago, or why I can't seem to avoid my mother-in-law's leftover pizza in the box on the counter: I'm stressed; I'm bored; I don't know what else to eat; I am not strong enough to avoid it; it makes me happy. But none of those are legitimate reasons for why I can't just tell myself no and walk away. I'm not binging, I am just not making good choices for what to eat for my snacks and meals. So where is this lost motivation, and how do I find it?

1 comment:

  1. hey, take it one day at a time...Maybe you could substitute some of your favorite foods for a more healthy option.
    The want to, that has to come from within...
    it took me years.

    ReplyDelete