Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Membership

Remember a few days ago when I said that I was going to check out the little gym up the road? Well I did. And I joined!!! They are having a free summer special, so I don't have to pay dues until September, and then it is only $38 a month, which I can pay with what I make cleaning once a week. So yay! I walked in there yesterday morning, and as the guy was showing me around, I was overwhelmed with the feeling of "oh yes, this is where I belong. This is what I have been missing." It was such a good, completing feeling. I didn't actually get to work out yesterday, but I am going today. I can't wait! They are small, but they have free weights, weight machines, ab machines, treadmills, ellipticals, bikes with the cool video programs on them, and then something that looks like an elliptical but isn't (I can't remember what it was called.) It is just what I need! They even have a few classes and a tanning bed (not that I plan to use that last one, but still cool!)

In other news, I am leaving today with my second oldest daughter Hailey to go on a fun weekend girls trip to Long Beach. A friend of mine has a mom who is getting remarried (who she doesn't have a great relationship with, which I know all about from my own experience) and just she and her daughter were going, so they asked if we wanted to come along. I haven't taken a girls trip with a friend since high school, and I am totally excited! I am also thankful for a dad who loves me and my kids and doesn't mind keeping the other three while I'm gone (he more than makes up for a useless mother.)

Ok, so I plan to be back later to let you all know how my first gym workout goes - have a great morning!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on joining a gym! That is so exciting - I am going to stay on you to make sure you go! :D

    Have a great girls weekend - nice of papa to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh lovely! You sound so excited about the gym...

    Girly weekends are fab- have fun!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete