Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Aaarrrggghhh.

I am having a day. One of those days when I keep hearing that inner voice fighting me on everything. Maybe you know it? The voice that keeps whispering at me to eat what I want. The one that by this time of day has begun shouting to me "Just love yourself the way you are! Why do you need to get into a size 12? Oh, and doesn't peanut butter frozen yogurt after 7:30 sound like just about the best thing you could ever eat?" And I am going to tell you, I have not been winning against it all day. I made it most of the day without sweets, but had a small bowl of Cap'n Crunch before dinnertime. Ugh. I just want to shovel food in my mouth.

All day I have gone back and forth between thinking "Screw it, what kind of life is this to live?" and "Really, are you going to quit again and condemn yourself once more to life with these thighs and that butt?" It has been rough. The situation is being further exacerbated by my continued dwelling in my mother-in-law's house and my current inability to get my freaking laundry folded and put away. I am cranky, I am unhappy with myself, and I just want some joy or some progress or something. Aaarrrggghhh.

1 comment:

  1. remember, it's not really your butt and thighs you don't like...it's the feeling that you don't control what you put in your mouth. Every time you say no, you win.

    ReplyDelete