I have never been awarded anything as a blogger. And let me be honest for a minute here - I am not sure that I deserve this one. I haven't been doing too well with the blogging lately. But I am very very grateful to Gen over at Gen's 110 for giving it to me. Go and check her out - she is new to this weight-loss blogging thing, and can use some support from you all. And I am going to use this award to jump back into blogging - I have some things I want to blog about that have been rattling around in my mind. So here goes nothing:
The rules for this award are simple:
- Post and link back to the person who awarded you this award;
- Share 7 things about yourself;
- Award 5 bloggers who have "stylish" blogs
Well, seven things about me...
1) My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, and it was also my great-grandma's birthday. I am part Irish and love having that be my birthday!
2) I hate olives.
3) I have three chickens named Lucille, Smidge, and Kevin (yes, a hen) that my family wanted but I didn't, and in the true nature of being the mom, I am the one who takes care of them all and they follow me everywhere.
4) I secretly dream of being a gospel singer, ever since playing a gospel singing nun in a musical in high school. Sorry, I don't have a scanner or else I would post a picture. It would be very embarrassing.
5) I love Disneyland. Well, really I love Disney in general, but am really interested in Walt Disney himself and love love love going to the theme park. I know more about Disneyland than your average person. Luckily for me, my husband loves it all as much as I do. Unluckily for me, I live 8 hours away (7 if the traffic in L.A. is good, which let's face it, is never.) My husband is trying to convince me to remedy this.
This picture is the hubby and I in Disneyland in 2007 - it is also a wonderful example of the difference between who we were (physically) then vs. now.
6) I am forever taking pictures of myself, trying to get that elusive "good one." Most people just think I am vain.
Sometimes I include some of my children, as they always make me look good.
7) I LOVE to read. I have been known to finish a 500+ page book in a day if I am really into it.
Ok, that was much harder than it should have been. Surely there is more to me than seven facts! Well, part three of this award is to award five others. I am sure that some of you have already received this, and others probably eschew all awards. Since I don't know who specifically feels that way, I am taking my chances and awarding:
1)T.J. of tj's test kitchen
2) JBS of Journey Beyond Survival
3) Biz of My Bizzy Kitchen
4) Jasmine of eatmovewrite
5) and Chris of A Deliberate Life
Those women inspire me every day, and I really appreciate them for that.
Thanks again, Gen, for including me in the fun!