Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy thoughts

So this morning I was thinking about blogging about some crappy things about life right now, when I remembered that I am supposed to be practicing positivity, and that listing those negative things would definitely be in violation of that ordinance. So instead, I tried to reflect on some of the positives in my day (after a prayer and a few tears, anyway):

  1. Today the sun was shining and it is finally heating up like California should in the summertime.
  2. My kids had their cousin over to play, which kept them busy ALL day, with NO whining and minimal talking to me.
  3. I had no sweets again today, met my water requirement, and did not eat after 7:30 (even though it meant shoving that last bit of dinner in my mouth at 7:29 since it was a late dinner night.)
  4. I washed, folded, and put away 4 loads of laundry (wouldn't usually count that as a positive, but hey, my kids have clean clothes!)
  5. I got to spend some time with some women at church tonight visiting and planting herbs, which I love!
Five things, not too bad! And #3 encompassed 3 different things, so actually it is 6! Day 3 of the new plan done, and I am feeling good so far. 

1 comment:

  1. Its so kinda trite but so REALLY REALLY true how much it helps me to list all the things for which Im grateful in order to turn around my mood or day.

    these days Im most grateful for just being here :)

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete