Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Aquacize!

I have had a pretty awful day wherein I sat in an office for two hours after my scheduled appointment time waiting to be called in, then ran around town for the next 4 hours trying to gather what they wanted me to give them, only to turned down after supplying everything to them. It wiped me out, physically and emotionally. But I've decided that none of that matters. Because in the midst of that I was able to run into the Parks and Rec office and sign up for my aquacize class. And it starts tonight, and I can't wait. In just over an hour I will be in the pool getting my workout on. 


I know this is typically what people envision when they hear the word "aquacize." And the first class I took (when I was pregnant - an hour of weightlessness in August when you are 8 months pregnant is heaven!) very closely resembled this demographic. However, since then I have also taken classes on the college level, which  had a good mix of ages and difficulty levels. 

This class is at a small community pool, so I can't guess what it will be like, but one thing I've learned from all the water classes I've taken is you get out of it what you put in. If you choose to sit on a noodle and lightly kick the entire class, you won't get as much out of it as you will if you ditch the noodle and tread water the whole time. I plan on getting as much out of it as I can, and I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm jealous! I love water classes! Sorry your day was so rotten!

    ReplyDelete