Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Moving


Hey all. I have been absent from blogging, and am actually just stopping by to say that it isn't going to change right away. See, we're moving. Out of my mother-in-law's house. Where we have lived for the past 4 1/2 years. With all the difficulty that implies. So I am busy trying to get everything packed by tomorrow morning when everyone comes to help us move (in the pouring rain, apparently) and have had no time to sit and post anything. This move is major, something I have been praying for for, well, let's see, 4 years (that first 6 months here wasn't so bad) and yet, for some reason, I am not feeling excited. I like the house we will be renting, I like the area it is in, it is really close to Hubby's work so no more commute. But I always thought I would be jumping-up-and-down excited when I finally got to have my own place again. And I'm not. I hope it is just all the stress of packing that is causing this, and that when I get in there and start opening the boxes that I haven't seen the contents of all this time I will burst into joy. But for now I must get back to boxes and tape. I think I am developing an allergy to cardboard.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Moving is always stressful. When you finally get everything unpacked, the house is quiet and you have your cup of coffee in YOUR OWN KITCHEN in the morning - then you will jump for joy!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stress of moving.

    That's all. You're so stressed about the move that you can't quite feel yet. Once you're unpacked, you'll be relieved. I've been there.

    ReplyDelete