Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Blogger's Block

Everyday, I think that I will write something and post it. And everyday, the words fail me. Writing has always been such a therapeutic thing for me, something that came easily and flowed unrestrained. But in the last few weeks, the words have halted. When I sit and look at the screen, or a blank piece of paper, my head begins to feel light and swirly and I hear rushing in my ears, and I can't string three words together, let alone sentences or paragraphs. I feel lately like I don't know what is going on with me, or how to flip it around. So today I am prying the words out of my head and forcing them into a post in the hopes of reversing whatever spell it is that is keeping my thoughts bound tightly in my head. I have to start somewhere.

I hit the gym this morning again - the All Motion Trainer for 63 minutes and 720 calories. Tomorrow will be W6D2 of C25K, and I am a bit worried as every day brings me closer to week 7, when every day is a straight 25 minute running - no more intervals for me. I am signing up for Sacramento's Run to Feed the Hungry on Thanksgiving morning. It will be my first 5K ever, and I am nervous but also excited to do it. I am planning to run the entire thing, which will be a huge accomplishment for me if I pull it off.

Tomorrow is the second weigh-in for my family competition - last week I had lost 2.2 pounds and was very excited. Everyone else had lost .5 or gained, so amazingly I am in the lead thus far. When we started, I was saying that I didn't expect to win,that I am fairly certain my brother-in-law Ron will win it, and I was really doing it for the motivation. But you know what? That 2.2 pounds was a bit intoxicating. And it is ON now. I am going to do my best to win bragging rights and the $75. The final weigh in is the day before Thanksgiving, and when we gather together for Thanksgiving dinner, I plan on being able to be thankful for winning. 

1 comment:

  1. Ha - love that your game is ON! Kick Ron's ass! :D

    ReplyDelete