Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Aches and Losses

Today is one of my two days a week that I don't work out. Instead of dragging myself out of bed at 5:10 like I do other mornings, I slept until 7:20, and then spent the next hour just laying in bed with my hubby. I can't remember the last time that happened, and it was quite lovely. As I began to move and stretch my body out, though, I was met with some resistance from my muscles. I am SORE from my workout yesterday. And then I had a realization. I can't remember the last day that some part of my body or other wasn't sore. It has been at least 5 weeks, which is how long ago I started the weight loss competition with my family. Even longer, I think, because I was working out and running before that. This is not by way of complaining, mind you. I have found that I actually relish the ache in my muscles. It means that I have muscles. And I am using them. in a good and productive way. That soreness represents me putting time and effort into myself for the betterment of me. And that is definitely a good thing.

As far as the competition with my family goes, I keep meaning to post my weekly weigh ins, but I forget. So I started at 183.8, and after 4 weeks I weighed in yesterday at 175.4. With five weeks left to go, I have lost 8.4 pounds. I am really happy with that number. And what's even better??? Come closer, and I will whisper it to you. Closer... i am winning. I don't want to say it too loudly, because there are five weeks left, and anything could happen. But as it stands now, my competitors haven't lost hardly anything. My brother-in-law Ron, who I thought for sure would be wiping the floor with me, has lost and gained the same half pound every week. My sister is hanging in there, having lost 3% of her weight to my 4.5%. It feels good to be doing so well, but I am not going to start slacking now. I am going to keep up my hellish workouts, keep dragging myself through the final weeks of the C25K, and keep making my healthy choices in my food. And come Thanksgiving day? I am going to collect my $65 happily. And then eat some turkey.

3 comments:

  1. Sore muscles DO feel good! Great job on kicking such ferocious ass! Whacha gonna do with that money? It sounds like you'd better start thinking about that soon......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! Of course you are sore after kicking their butts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you lady! I just joined a gym and can't wait to have sore muscles again.

    ReplyDelete