Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Spin Cycle

As I was in my second ever spin class tonight, amongst the thin and beautiful girls who made it look so easy, as I was huffing and puffing and forcing myself, and feeling ugly and fat and like the thing that didn't belong there, like my butt was too big and the person behind me must hate that they got stuck there, and that I was not as good as anyone else and I was a loser, one mantra kept going through my head:

"I'm going to keep spinning until the voices in my head are silenced."

3 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean about those voices. I have them during spinning too... can you get a bike in the back so it helps to quiet your mind?
    Remember, the point is not for it to look easy, but to work your ass off. If you are doing that, you are victorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are there and that's all that counts! Ignore the voices and work hard. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Molly - you are out there, and each class will get better - you CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete