Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Check in

I just wanted to do a quick check-in since I haven't been able to this week and there are big things on the horizon for my family. Last night I went out with my girlfriends to celebrate my birthday (which is tomorrow - St. Patrick's Day) and didn't get home until 2 this morning - just to confirm, I am way too old for that! 4 1/2 hours of sleep later, here I sit making my to-do list for the day, and it's a monster.

You see, my hubby is having open-heart surgery on Wednesday. Which I really do want to tell you all about. As soon as I have a moment to sit down and really write. Maybe while I am waiting out the 6-8 hours in the hospital. And the surgery is at Stanford, which is two hours away from home and means that I will be leaving my house for approximately 10 days to stay down there. Which also meant finding care for my four children who will be left here. And we have to be down there early early Monday morning for pre-op stuff, so we leave Sunday night. And in the midst of all this, we decided (crazy people that we are) that we wanted to have a double-birthday (mine tomorrow and Jon's next Friday - happy birthday! You get a new aorta!) slash pre-surgery party. Tomorrow.

Doesn't sound so crazy until I tell you that I also have a 7k Lucky Run tomorrow morning. And My 8 year old son's opening day of baseball. And first baseball game (if it ever stops raining.) So I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything ready for, well, everything. And any time I pause for a few moments, I notice that my heart rate is elevated, and I feel kind of nauseous. Because even if I am avoiding really thinking about the surgery, my body knows what is going on. And it doesn't like it.

Anyhow, I plan on filling in details soon. Really soon. And telling you about the puppy we got. (We have excellent timing, don't we?)  But today there are race tutus to make, cookies to frost, cupcakes to bake, food trays to prepare, dog kennels and race packets to pick up, cleaning to do, packing to start, and on and on and on. I will come back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sending big hugs your way that the surgery goes well! I know all too well about hospitals and hospital food as you know. :D

    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I am loving having so many March birthday buddies!

    ReplyDelete